Tracking Your Parkinson's Symptoms
Parkinson's disease has many symptoms. It is important to track these symptoms to share with your doctor during your appointments. The following low-tech and high-tech trackers can be used to track your symptoms.
- The following form is a modified version of the Fox Insight Physician Report Form. Click below to download. The fillable version can be used to fill-in online and then print.
- Davis Phinney Parkinson's Tracker - https://davisphinneyfoundation.org/every-victory-counts-manual/online-content/worksheets/
- Parkinson’s diary: Since the exact symptoms of the disease can show variability, it is recommended that patients diagnosed with Parkinson’s keep a diary to monitor progression of the disease. A Parkinson’s diary also can be used to track response to medications and record which symptoms are particularly troublesome. https://parkinsonsnewstoday.com/parkinsons-diary/
- PD Diary Formats: The descriptive characteristics of information in a Parkinson’s diary can be organized in different formats. A 24-hour motor diary and worksheet organized by graded scale for symptoms are popular formats to organize information in these diaries.
There also are electronic diaries and apps that aid in digitizing and electronically recording patients’ symptoms.
- APDA Symptom Tracker App: Not only does APDA’s free Symptom Tracker App help you keep track of your symptoms and create a report to share with your healthcare team, but it also features an interactive medication tracker where you can enter the specific medications/doses and the time of day you take them and receive reminder notifications. It’s available in English and Spanish and you can start using it right now – just download the free APDA Symptom Tracker app from the App Store or Google Play. https://www.apdaparkinson.org/apda-symptom-tracker/?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=675ffa5a-0104-4857-8b27-461a94903628
- Parkinson's Tracker:
- StrivePD: The next generation of Parkinson's care The first step towards more personalized Parkinson’s care is understanding your symptoms. StrivePD is a program that enables you to share your daily Parkinson’s experience with your care team via the StrivePD app and Apple Watch in between your clinical visits. With this information, your care team will help you manage your conditions. Register for StrivePD for more information. https://www.strive.group/