Parkinson's & Veterans
- Click here for info on Veteran's Benefits
- Click here for info on Agent Orange
- Veteran's Service Officer (VSO) - A VSO can help you understand and apply for VA benefits. Veterans Service Officers work for Veterans Service Organizations (both are called VSOs) such as VFW, American Legion, as well as for local government offices. Williamson County has VSOs! They are located at 100 Wilco Way in Georgetown. Find out more about VSOs here.
- Caregiver Resource Directory (CRD) - The CRD is designed to help empower military caregivers with information about national-level resources and programs specifically for them. Topics include: helplines, advocacy and benefit information, career transitions and employment, military caregiver support, children’s needs, education and training, financial support, rest and relaxation, and others. Download the latest copy here.
- Learn more about VA benefits here. Includes a welcome kit and various guides for VA benefits and services.
- Apply for VA Health care here.
- VA Guide for Caregiver benefits - help for caregivers of Veterans to access support at VA that may include caregiver education and training, mental health services, peer support, access to health care benefits, financial assistance, and respite care.
- Apply for VA Survivor Benefits - This guide will help you identify VA Survivor Benefits and services you may be eligible for after your Veteran loved one has passed. It provides information about the different survivor benefits and programs available, contact information, required forms, application process, and where to find assistance.
- eBenefits - eBenefits is a VA website that lets you access and manage your VA records for many benefits. It also provides a list of links to other sites that provide information about military and Veteran benefits.
- Aid and Attendance https://www.veteranaid.org/aid-and-attendance-eligibility.php
- National Resource Directory - The National Resource Directory (NRD), is a Web portal that connects wounded warriors, Service Members, Veterans and families with those who support them. The NRD has information about thousands of national and local programs, services and organizations, many in your community, that support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration.
- Project Mend - (Medical Equip Reuse) https://www.projectmend.org Talk to Giselle about FREE medical equip for veterans! firstname.lastname@example.org
- VetAssist Program - An interest-free loan that pays for home care with NO out-of-pocket costs BEFORE the VA approves Aid and Attendance application. See flyer below: