Other Exercise Options
There are many exercise options that are available in the local area, many of which can be done in the comfort of your home! Always consult with your doctor before starting a new exercise regimen.
- Rogue is a wellness program for people with Parkinson disease: https://rogueinmotion.vhx.tv/free-exercise-class-videos
- Imperium Boxing – exercise videos for people with Parkinson’s to follow along at home!
- ADPA free favorite exercise options: https://www.apdaparkinson.org/free-online-exercise-and-therapy/
- Sun City Fitness Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/SunCityTexasFitness/
- Sun City Fitness “Moving Big” with Parkinson's (Chair Exercises) https://vimeo.com/417756251
- Parkinson’s Voice Fitness – CONTACT: Steven Darroh, email@example.com website: https://www.loudandclear.io
- Dancing for Parkinson’s New York – CLICK ON LINK: https://danceforparkinsons.org/resources/dance-at-home
- 413 Fitness - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOEay08W_JZC8iaA8yvung
- Zenergy Wellness Yoga & Meditation - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6T4Ab_EOQ-gEeEgwKA4eKg
- Power for Parkinson’s – every day “live” class at 1pm CST
- Dance for PD - https://danceforparkinsons.org/dance-at-home
- Parkinson's Home Speech Therapy Workout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy2l7qLXhyA
- Parkinson Balance Skills and Drills – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09eH35bR6tQ
- Power for Parkinson's® Balance, Bands and Hacky Sacks! Full-Length Parkinson's Exercise Class - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VAOzgNLzUA&t=54s
- 7 Helpful Hand Exercises for Parkinson's (to Improve Handwriting, Flexibility, and Dexterity) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2GeaMa4c8&t=1s
- Brian Grant Foundation Exercise Videos - https://briangrant.org/exercise-videos/
- Meditation Class with Paula Wiener, MSW, LCSW from Parkinson's Foundation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plSh09KiIO0
- Powerful Pipes Vocal Exercise & Music for Parkinson's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebh0JT-VXCY&feature=youtu.be&mc_cid=3be15a55f8&mc_eid=b0ea0c44fb
- SilverSneakers® is a health and fitness program designed for adults 65+ that’s included with many Medicare Plans - https://tools.silversneakers.com/
- AGE of Central Texas Online Library – FREE and GREAT Resources! Click here: http://www.TinyURL.com/AGE-at-home-activities For more information on the programs and resources provided by, visit www.AGEofCentralTX.org or call (512) 451-4611.
- Austin Public Library - Austin’s virtual library features audiobooks, movies, music, ebooks, and magazines. http://library.austintexas.gov/virtual
- Librivox - Free Audio Books Online in the public domain. One relaxing way to spend some time is to listen to audiobooks. Librivox is a free service that makes public domain books (books with expired copyright) available in an audio format. There are plenty of classics and hidden gems available for both adults and children. Enjoy! https://librivox.org/
- Sun City Fitness Cardio Class - Allison Worley, teaches a 30-minute Cardio class for you to do at home. Click here to view in Vimeo. https://vimeo.com/399304023
- Movement Revolution - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh9voP4oHbuW67qrqTcIZxQ
- PMD Alliance Exercise classes - https://www.pmdalliance.org/2020/04/13/get-your-dailydosepd/
- Wednesdays at 1p – Power for Parkinson’s Voice Class www.youtube.com/powerforparkinsons
- Voice Fitness - https://www.loudandclear.io/
- PD Voice Exercises -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HdIZ233v6k
- Vocal Exercises –
- SPEAK OUT! Home Practice Videos - https://www.parkinsonvoiceproject.org/ShowContent.aspx?i=2447
- Sing Loud for PD – register for the program is:
Power for Parkinson's is a non-profit organization that provides multiple free exercise, dance, and singing classes in Austin and the surrounding communities as well as globally through their home video series.
Or, you can watch
YouTube video’s! https://www.youtube.com/
Just click on the link and in the YouTube search and type Parkinson Exercise!
If you have SUDDENLINK television, you can watch on Channel 18 or 118 exercise classes at 10 am and 2 pm - seven days a week!
Sit n Fit classes ~ chair exercise/stretching classes from the comfort of your home! Join Peggy Reddick as she leads you on chair exercises.
FREE Exercise Video's for Parkinson's Disease - you can order for FREE Exercise video's from:
Parkinson's Exercise Essentials Video | Davis Phinney Foundation
Developed by the Davis Phinney Foundation, this first-of-its kind video
workouts designed specifically for people with Parkinson's and is
Exercise | National Parkinson Foundation
For people with Parkinson's, exercise is more than healthy: it is vital ... Establishing early exercise habits is an essential part of overall disease management.
Parkinson's Exercise Video's for Purchase:
Favorite PD-specific exercise videos - American Parkinson Disease
Here are some of our favorite exercise videos available online, in DVD, or in VHS videotape format. All of these videos are Parkinson's-specific exercises