Local Support Groups
The following is a list of local support groups in the Central Texas area. Click on the link to access the support group website.
- GAPS, Georgetown Area Parkinson’s Support Group https://www.georgetowntexasparkinsons.com/
- Monthly GAPS Meetings – 4th Thursday of the month at 2:30 – 5pm except for November and December. We meet at the First Baptist Church, 1333 W University Ave, Georgetown, TX 78628.
- Monthly Caregivers Meetings – 2nd Thursday of the month at 2pm – 3:30pm except for December. We meet at the First Baptist Church, 1333 W University Ave, Georgetown, TX 78628. https://www.georgetowntexasparkinsons.com/gaps-caregiver-support-group.html
- Monthly GADS (DBS) Meetings ~ TBD
- Monthly GAPS Spanish Speaking Support Group ~ TBD
- Yearly GAPS Vendor Fair in June - met on June 22 at the First Baptist Church, 1333 W University Ave, Georgetown, TX 78628.
- BAPS, Bell County Area Parkinson's Support Group
- BAPS-North - Meets at the Sammons Community Center, 2220 W. Ave D, Temple. Meetings are the 2nd and 4th Fridays from 2:30 - 4:00 PM.
- BAPS-West - Meets at the Killeen Senior Center at Lions Club Park, 1700 E. Stan Schlueter Loop, Killeen. Meetings are the 1st and 3rd Fridays from 2:30 - 4:00 PM.
- BAPS-South - Planning is underway for a support group in Salado.
- CAPS, Capital Area Parkinson's Society https://www.capitalareaparkinsons.org/
- 2nd Friday of the Month: Shake Shack-Lamar Senior Center-Social Group with support group component. 10am-1pm.
- 2nd Tuesday of the Month: Persons with Parkinson's Support Group 11;00am-12:00pm
- 3rd Thursday of the Month, Person's with Parkinson's Support Group at Central Texas Rehabilitation Hospital-700 w. 45th Street 12:00-2:00-this meeting is more informational with speakers on Parkinson's related topics . lunch provided.
CONTACT: Christi Cornell, LMSW, C.A.P.S. Program Director 512-371-3373
Online Support Group Meetings 2023
- Flying Solo-Are you living alone with Parkinson's? Meet online with a group who wants to talk about the unique issues that living alone with PD creates. Meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month. https://www.pmdalliance.org/flyingsolo/
- YOPD Connections - Join us for an online community of others who understand your experience of living with an “old man’s disease” in a young person’s body. Meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month. https://www.pmdalliance.org/yopdconnections/
- Online Community for PWP and Caregivers - https://www.pmdalliance.org/resilience-online-support-groups/
- Austin CurePSP Support Group CurePSP www.psp.org Contact Judi Nudelman at 512-964-1236 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local support groups for frontotemporal degeneration:
Austin: Stephen Fenoglio 512-347-9944 email@example.com
The group meets the second Tuesday of each month from 1-3 in Austin at the Age center but anyone interested should contact Steve to verify.
Cedar Park: Barbara Loewy 518-765-2198 firstname.lastname@example.org
or Steph McLain 425-686-5708 Steph.FTD@gmail.com
The group meets the first Saturday of the month 11-1. Anyone interested should contact Barbara or Steph for more details.
- Heart of Texas Parkinson's and Caregivers Support Group (HOTPACS) - Serving the Waco area
- Burnet Support Group
- Lakeway Area PD Support Group
- Simultaneous Parkinson’s Group and Carepartners Group – West Austin
- Parsons House Group
- DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation) Support Group
- The Wimberly Area Parkinson's Association Support Group
- Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) - Austin Support Group
- Lone Star Parkinson Society (LSPS) / Comal County Parkinson Support Group (CCPSG) - LSPS/CCPSG serves the Parkinson’s community in the New Braunfels, TX area.
- Robert Conte Foundation for Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders, Inc -Fighting Parkinson's Disease in the Brazos Valley!
- Dementia Support Groups - A Gift of Time is collaborating with the Alzheimer’s Association Capital of Texas in offering weekly supports groups at 10a to 11a and one dementia education session a month:
- 1st Tuesday of the month is an all-female support group
- 2nd Tuesday of the month is an all-male support group
- 3rd Tuesday of the month is an adult with a parent living with memory loss
- Plus, the last Tuesday of the month is a dementia education program.