GAPS Upcoming Events
Upcoming Parkinson's Events in the Local Georgetown Area
- Wednesday, December 11th at 6pm - Recognizing Off Periods in Parkinson’s - Hear from Dr Michael Soileau and learn about INBRIJA, a Parkinson’s therapy for OFF Periods for adults on carbidopa/levodopa. A FREE dinner at Blue Corn Harvest Bar & Grill, 700 East Whitestone Boulevard, Suite 204, Cedar Park, TX on December 11th REGISTER: 1-833-Inbrija (1-833-462-7452) https://www.learninbrija.com/#upcomingevents
- Thursday, December 12, 3pm - GAPS Annual Holiday Party - This always occurs on the 2nd Thursday of the month in December because of the holidays! The 2nd Thursday is the GAPS Caregivers meeting and therefore, that timeframe is combined with the GAPS Caregiver’s/GAPS Monthly Meeting! Location: First Baptist Church. It will be a great time with appetizers, cookies, entertainment, door prizes, freebies and fun! Plan to get there early and help us set up!
- Wednesday December 18, 2019, 2-3:30 pm, GADS (DBS) - Georgetown Area Parkinson’s DBS Support Group Meeting – meetings begin promptly at 2pm
PLACE: The Delaney at Georgetown Village, 359 Village Commons Blvd, Georgetown,
CONTACT: Judy Mayo email@example.com 512-943-9084
- January classes – A Matter of Balance class! SIGN UP NOW for classes to be held: January 7 – 30, 2020 (Tuesdays and Thursdays) from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at The Worship Place, Rocky Hollow campus; 375 County Road 245, Georgetown, TX 78633 CONTACT: Elaine Carpenter, (815) 342-0862; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, January 9th at 2p – GAPS Caregiver’s meeting at Autumn Leaves Library, 3600 Williams Dr, Georgetown.
- Monday, January 13th at 6p to 8p - Georgetown Lewy Body Support Group will meet at Legacy of Georgetown, 4907 Williams Drive. CONTACT: Sarah Hyde-Williams, #512-593-7669 or email at Sarah@SLAAustin.com
- Wednesday, January 15th at 2p – GADS meeting with Meredith Rollins, from Texas Movement Disorder Specialists speaking at The Delaney at Georgetown Village, 359 Village Commons Blvd, Georgetown, Bring your questions about DBS programming and medicines.
- Thursday January 23, 2020, 3-5pm, GAPS General Support Meeting - meeting begins promptly at 3pm
CONTACT: Mary Jane Berry email@example.com 512-240-4167
SPEAKER: Subhashie Wijemanne, MD. She is the newest member to Texas Movement Disorder Specialists team, Georgetown, Texas.
TOPIC: “Parkinson’s Research and Clinical Trials
- Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 9a to 2p - SIGN UP NOW… "Caregiver Training Camp" at the Williamson County EMS Training Center in Georgetown. Registration for the conference is free, but space is limited. Participants can register by calling (512) 600-9275, or online at http://www.TinyURL.com/AGEcampFeb2020
- Thursday, May 14, 2020: Pflugerville Seniors Conference at the Pflugerville Community Church
- Saturday, August 22, 2020: "Striking a Balance Caregiver Conference" in Austin
- Saturday, September 19, 2020: Williamson County Caregiver Conference at the Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center