GAPS Upcoming Events
Upcoming Parkinson's Events in the Local Georgetown Area
NOTE: This page lists only special events and major meetings or get-togethers. Recurring events such as classes can be found on our calendar-click here.
- Wednesdays, March 4th-May 27th, 1:30-3 pm - Alzheimer's: The Science of Prevention Series – This is a 12-week series class every Wednesday at 1:30p to 3p at the Worship Place, Sun City campus. This will be information on “brain health” into an old age. Join us at your convenience. Contact: 512-869-1310 http://www.twptx.org/event/1720213-2020-04-15-alzheimers-the-science-of-prevention-series/
Saturday, March 28th - Austin CurePSP Support Group:
- This group focuses on families and patients diagnosed with PSP, CBD or MSA.
- Wednesday, April 15th – Georgetown Area DBS Support Group Meeting:
Place: The Delaney (Residences Section) 359 Village Commons Blvd., Georgetown, TX 78633
Time: 2 – 3:30 pm
Speaker Dr. Michael Soileau, Texas Movement Disorder Specialists, will speak on “DBS Questions and Answers”
- April 23rd at 3-5p – GAPS Vendor Fair! This is a really great opportunity and a FUN event! Calling all vendors and service providers to join us! It is FREE to all vendors however; we do ask for a door prize! Contact and Register with: Mary Jane email@example.com
- Thursday, May 14 - Pflugerville Seniors Conference at the Pflugerville Community Church
- Saturday, May 16, 11am to 2:30pm - "Parkinson's Foundation 2020 Care Partner Summit" ~ all on-line event - the May 16th online viewing will be a series of panels answers questions submitted by viewers, focused on the following topics:
- Cognitive Changes
- Mental Health
- Practical Planning
- Saturday, June 13, 6pm - CTAP Gala
We WILL be having this event and fully expect this to be even bigger and better! (No weather or daylight concerns!!!) 😁 We will honor ALL sponsorship commitments, ticket sales, and reach out in May to get seating assignments.
- Saturday, August 22, 2020 - "Striking a Balance Caregiver Conference" in Austin
- Saturday, September 19, 2020 - Williamson County Caregiver Conference at the Wingate by Wyndham Round Rock Hotel & Conference Center