GAPS Newly Diagnosed Support Group
Learning to Live Well with Parkinson's
This class is for the Newly Diagnosed and Anyone who wants to learn more about Parkinson’s! ~ patients, caregivers/care partners, family, friends, and health care!
DATE: 2nd Tuesday of the month, meetings temporarily on hold due to COVID-19.
TIME: 10a (set-up) meeting starts 10:30a to 12n (12:30p be out)
MEETING ROOM: Georgetown Health Foundation, Community Room B
Lake Aire Medical Center at 2423 Williams Drive, Suite 101
If you are newly diagnosed, here are videos that you might be informative and reassuring!
1. You are NOT alone! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mQZwcqkiDE
2. Parkinson’s disease: A Guide for Patient and Family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGlmOaC5Jko
3. New Ask the MD Video: Six Tips for Your First Year with Parkinson's (and Beyond!) https://www.michaeljfox.org/news/six-tips-your-first-year-parkinsons-and-beyond-ask-md-video?em_cid=mc-a1b1R000008uPyf&em_id=%E2%80%8B&etAudience=&et_cid=1592245&et_lid=http%3A//www.michaeljfox.org/news/six-tips-people-recently-diagnosed-parkinsons-ask-md-video%3Fem_cid%3Dmc-a1b1R000008uPyf&et_rid=407930116
4. Newly Diagnosed? Let’s Chart Your Course - One of the keys to living well with Parkinson’s today is to learn how to deal with what’s in front of you and resist the temptation to project too far into the future. Charting Your Course: A Parkinson’s Primer for the Newly Diagnosed was designed to shorten the distance between three life-changing words — "You have Parkinson’s" — and living well. Learn more about the course and how you can sign up here.
5. Parkinson's 101 - https://davisphinneyfoundation.org/parkinsons-101-a-video-for-the-newly-diagnosed/
For more, download If I Knew Then What I Know Now: The Michael J. Fox Foundation Patient Council’s Guide for People Newly Diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. And, check out MJFF's webinar on Navigating a New Parkinson's Diagnosis.
PD patients - get the best care possible during a hospital stay. Click here for what to do when going to the hospital. Click here for precautions to take while in the hospital.