GAPS - Our Mission
Our Mission is:
- to provide opportunities to discuss shared experiences and feelings
- to share information beneficial to all members and caregivers/care partners
- to learn more about Parkinson's or atypical Parkinson's or any movement disorder with the goal to influence and live a positive, quality life with Movement Disorder Disease
- to offer options for exercise/dancing/singing/boxing and other social activities
- to keep the patient #1 in our mission as a support group
- to have financial support only through donations and/or fundraisers - NO dues!
- and to welcome, inspire, support…and have FUN!
Living with Parkinson’s disease (PD) can be challenging…but there is HOPE!
HOPE in the fact, that there are things you can do to maintain your quality of life and live well. Our support group members are all connected to Parkinson's disease in many different ways ~ as patients, family members, caregivers and talented individuals from within business, medical and civic communities. We are all care partners!
Some people may have difficulty coping with Parkinson’s disease and are looking for support from others who understand!
Some people are asking and want to know “why me?” Whatever YOUR reason is, we have found that many patients, family members, friends and caregivers/care partners gain encouragement and understanding from meeting with others folks who are touched with and by Parkinson’s disease.
GAPS offers many services at NO cost to those affected by Parkinson's disease living in the Georgetown, Texas area. By navigating this site you will be able to view meeting information, events, a calendar, our Newsletter Archives and much more.
Remember, living with Parkinson's disease (PD) can be challenging….but there is hope! We never give up our hope and remain "incurably optimistic"! Please feel free to join us at any of our events. You are always welcome.