Deep Brain Stimulation
Deep brain stimulation, a surgical procedure for Parkinson's, can help ease motor symptoms and decrease medication needs in some people.
DBS Educational Websites
Advances in DBS: In this recent edition of Dr. Gilbert Hosts, we speak to Dr. Alan Mogilner, an expert in DBS, about the most recent advances in DBS technology.
The ABCs of DBS: In this webinar, you’ll learn what DBS is, hear more about who is a candidate for deep brain stimulation, what’s new in the field as it relates to DBS, and more.
Overview of DBS: This fact sheet is a quick and easy starting point – a great way for you to learn more and get reliable information about DBS treatment.
Updates on PD Treatments, including DBS: A recent webinar in our “Spotlight” series, Spotlight on Parkinson’s Disease: What’s New in PD Treatment reviews the latest in all PD treatments, including developments in DBS treatment.
DBS Research to help gait and balance: APDA-funded researcher Dr. Aasef G. Shaikh is working hard to develop a DBS-based therapeutic approach to improve balance, gait and postural instability in PD. Learn more about his exciting research (that even uses a machine used by NASA to train astronauts!) and what fuels his passion for his work.
- ABCs of DBS, Where we were and where we are going. Zachary T. Levine MD FAANS Prof. Neurological Surgery, GWU Director of Neuroscience and Neurosurgery, Holy Cross Health
- Michael J Fox, Deep Brain Stimulation
- Directional DBS: Why you need a multiple source system
Providers of DBS Products
- Medtronic DBS, Activa neurostimulators
- Abbott, www.Abbott.com, Infinity technology, search for deep brain stimulation.